Have you ever pasted a website link into your WordPress post only to find that the thumbnail associated with it doesn't quite fit your content? It can be frustrating and negatively impact the visual appeal of your website. But fear not! In this guide, DamnWoo will show you how to effortlessly change the thumbnail on a pasted website in WordPress. Say goodbye to generic and irrelevant thumbnails and hello to a visually stunning website that truly represents your brand!
Changing the thumbnail on a pasted website in WordPress is easier than you might think. Follow these simple steps to give your website the visual upgrade it deserves:
1. Install and activate the "Yoast SEO" plugin: Before you can change your thumbnail, make sure you have the Yoast SEO plugin installed and activated on your WordPress site. This powerful plugin will provide you with a range of optimization features, including the ability to control your website's thumbnails.
2. Open the post editor and paste the website link: In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the post editor where you want to change the thumbnail. Paste the website link into the content area. WordPress will automatically generate a thumbnail based on the link.
3. Identify the correct thumbnail image: If the generated thumbnail is not the one you want, you'll need to find the correct image to use. Visit the website you're referencing and locate the image you wish to display as the thumbnail.
4. Use the Yoast SEO plugin to change the thumbnail: With the Yoast SEO plugin activated, scroll down to the Yoast SEO box below the content editor. Click on the "Social" tab. Here, you'll find various options to control how your content appears when shared on social media platforms.
5. Set a custom thumbnail image: In the "Facebook image" section, click on the "Upload image" button. Select the image you want as your thumbnail from your media library or upload a new one. This image will override the automatically generated one.
Change Thumbnail On Pasted Website WordPress Example:
Imagine you're writing a blog post about the latest fashion trends and you want to include a reference to a popular fashion blogger's website. When you paste the link into your post, WordPress generates a thumbnail of the blogger's logo, which doesn't provide much visual appeal. By following the steps above and using the Yoast SEO plugin, you can now easily upload a stunning image of the fashion blogger as the thumbnail, capturing the attention of your readers and enhancing the overall aesthetics of your post.
Congratulations! You've successfully learned how to change the thumbnail on a pasted website in WordPress. Now, you can create visually captivating posts that leave a lasting impression on your audience. Don't forget to explore other helpful guides on DamnWoo to unlock the full potential of your WordPress website. And if you're ready to take your online presence to the next level, why not try one of our awesome plugins designed exclusively for small businesses and entrepreneurs? Together, we'll transform your website into something extraordinary.